I am available as a freelance writer for any publication.
Previous work is available at AllisonTetreault.wordpress.com.
A l l i s o n T e t r e a u l t
email@example.com ◊ 401-524-3017 ◊ allisontetreault.wordpress.com
Wheaton College, Norton, Mass.
Bachelor of Arts Candidate, May 2014
Major: English, Concentration in Media Minor: Journalism
GPA: 3.86 Honors: Dean’s List every semester
North Kingstown High School, North Kingstown, RI
Graduated on Principal’s Honor Roll June 2010
Foreign Language Skills: Intermediate Spanish, Intermediate Latin
Technology Skills: Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, iMovie, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, HTML, Sibelius
Wallace Library, Norton, Mass.
Circulation Assistant, September 2010 – Present
- Checked books in and out to students and professors
- Processed books through HELIN, a database connecting libraries from other colleges in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island area
The Sun Chronicle, Attleboro, Mass.
Editorial Assistant, September 2012 – Present
- Used InDesign to create advice and horoscope pages
- Wrote briefs and listings for the GO section, an entertainment insert in the paper every Thursday
- Wrote briefs and updated news for Religion, Schools and Campus News sections
Wheaton Wire, Norton, Mass.
Features Reporter on the Wire Staff, January 2011 – September 2011
Arts & Leisure Editor, September 2011 – May 2012; Layout Editor, January 2012 – May 2012
Features Editor, August 2012 – Present
- Wrote weekly articles surrounding student, local and current events, reporting with a deadline and a word limit
- Furthered experience in interviewing over the phone, email, and in person
- Assigned stories to writers weekly, then edited them for grammar, fluidity and organization
- Created and edited layout on Adobe InDesign, focusing on composition of text and pictures
NorthºEast Independent, South County Independent, South County Living, Newport, RI
Independent Intern, June 2012 – August 2012
- Wrote features and news articles about the towns of East Greenwich, North Kingstown, Narragansett, South Kingstown and Wakefield for the weekly newspapers and the seasonal magazine
- Pitched story ideas at a weekly story meeting
- Processed and edited photos using Adobe Photoshop and wrote cut lines
- Prepared several briefs and obituaries for the B section of the paper in AP style with Editorial Assistant
Professor Josh Stenger, Norton, MA
Research and Web Site Assistant
- Brainstormed different ways to promote new Film and New Media Studies major online
- Updated content, design and layout on the major’s website on Wheaton College’s server using WordPress.org
Wheaton College Archives, Norton, MA
Multimedia Consultant, January 2011
- Created website for college archives using WordPress online software
- Produced six video clips featuring Wheaton’s history for website using iMovie
- Conducted interview with Zeff Stickney, Head Archivist, for online publication
The Blend, a cappella group, Norton, MA
Music Director, March 2012 – Present
- Arranged several songs in SATB format using Sibelius
- Led weekly rehearsals, keeping members on track and excited to sing
- Gained experience being a leader of a group