Hi all! So, I’m a day late, but in my defense, I did compile these links yesterday. This week was so interesting – I shadowed a police officer at the art festival, attended a town hearing, and wrote articles about both! I worked at Subway, and then, on Friday, after an eye doctor appointment, I drove to Wheaton and visited Tommy. We saw The Amazing Spiderman (with the schmexy Andrew Garfield), and it was… well, amazing. The director of 500 Days of Summer definitely redeemed himself. Check it out!
Anyway, here are a few links for your afternoon:
- If you need a laugh, check out Christoph Niemann’s You Like Me, You Really Like Me.
- What’s your opinion about this college graduate who laments that she didn’t experience the “quarter-life crisis?
- Tumblr got NYTimes coverage? Oh noes! The Internetz is going to freak! But really, Tumblr with ads? Not cool.
- This guy is giving away £1,000 to random people, as long as they do something good with the money. The stories are interesting!
- Apparently, overconfidence is good for you. Well, I guess I’m doing something right!
- I’m sure you’ve heard about Tosh.O’s rape joke. I’m going to be honest: those jokes actually disgust me. This response pretty much sums up my feelings.
- What does it mean to be a cancer survivor? I’ve never actually thought about this! I love the Life, Interrupted series.
- I’ve done a lot of research on feminism since my post about how to be a feminist. I’ve been reshaping my views a little bit, thanks to Feminism 101. I’m definitely going to take a Women’s Studies class before I graduate, but this site is really helpful. What I linked to was a response to the difference (or lack thereof) between “equalitism” and feminism.
- Also, read this post that shows why feminists are not sexist. Good read!
Have a great week!